This blog post talks about why organisations need certifications and assurance reports.
There are 5 main reasons why an organisation needs a security certification like ISO27001 or SOC1/SOC2:
- My customers are asking me to fill in big questionnaires and all sorts of questions.
- The competitors don't have any security certifications and this will be my point of differentiation
- My customers are asking me specifically for security certification like this or they would go to other suppliers- end of story.
- I am fed up of proving to the customers that we have top-notch security tools and processes in place.
- Some organisations we work with are fully compliance-driven and need security certifications.
- We want to ensure that I take due care of information provided by the customers and employees.